Phase 1 Research Reactivation for Laboratory and Facility PIs
May 27, 2020
TO: EHS Integrator Laboratory and Facility PIs with on-campus research space (core facility directors and faculty PIs)
- Safety plans for field work and in-person human subjects research will be reviewed by committees of faculty with discipline-specific expertise before further chair, dean and provostial approval.
- All departments and institutes must prepare a departmental safety plan that is coordinated with facilities and the building superintendent and approved by their cognizant dean and the provost’s office.
- All faculty performing clinical and translational research in areas that are also engaged in ‘standard’ patient care must coordinate their safety plans with Yale Medicine/Yale New Haven Health System.
Important Note: Laboratory and facility PIs will receive an approval via EHS Integrator to reactivate their research programs for Phase 1 research on campus after the above reactivation steps have been completed. Return to campus for research by trainees, faculty and staff is only permissible after the laboratory or facility PI receives the approval notification from EHS Integrator.
Additional information for your research reactivation plans:
- 3 canisters of disinfecting wipes for the laboratory or facility.
- Everyone who is able should
- Additional information is available about how to navigate around campus and child care options during Phase 1 research reactivation.
- Yale Shuttles will be operating at reduced passenger capacity on a limited number of routes. Please encourage everyone to complete the Transportation Survey for Phase 1 researchers, which will help coordinate University transportation plans for campus during Phase 1. Parking lots across campus remain freely accessible to all.