Edward P. Bass ’67 has made a major contribution toward a state-of-the-art, 500-seat lecture hall that will be a premier part of the new Yale Science Building, now under construction on Science Hill. The building and its lecture hall are part of an ambitious series of projects designed to transform Science Hill and make it a more integral part of the Yale campus.
Bass has requested that in recognition of his $10 million leadership gift, the lecture hall be named the O.C. Marsh Lecture Hall in honor of Othniel Charles (O.C.) Marsh, a pioneering professor of vertebrate paleontology at Yale — the first in the United States — and one of the founding figures of Yale’s Peabody Museum of Natural History. Marsh received a Bachelor of Arts from Yale College in 1860 and subsequently pursued graduate studies at Yale and several German universities.
For more on this story please visit news.yale.edu/